I have been working with the new WiX bootstrapper applications and have created my own version based heavily on the standard BA.
This version has the following enhancements over the standard code:
- Resized HyperlinkLicense and RtfLicense so they look the same as the default WiX UI – this is useful if you need to show an MSI internal UI.
- Add welcome message to HyperlinkLicense install page.
- Add support for Radio buttons on the option and install pages.
- Add support for checkboxes on the install page (they are already supported on the options page).
- Add support for second directory folder on the option page.
- Add example HyperlinkTheme that supports a larger logo on the install page (see images below).
- Add example textbox on the options page.
- Added install version number to HyperlinkLicense install page.
- Reformat the RtfLicense to have flat licence textbox.
DownloadThe source for this can be downloaded here. To use it add a reference to WixBalExtensionExt.dll (in the build folder) and add the following code to you bundle:
The code should build on any machine with Visual Studio 2010 and WiX 3.6 installed. The extended BA has been renamed to use Ext or Extended in place of Std or Standard but I have kept the filenames the same so it is easier to merge changes from the WiX standard BA.